Higher National qualifications provide practical skills and theoretical business knowledge that employers need. They allow advanced entry to universities nationally and internationally. The HND Computing: Software Development at SCQF level 8 provides current skills in specialist technical software development, and develops up-to-date knowledge in programming and systems development.
Software developers are needed in many different industries from biotechnology to telecommunications and transport. An SQA HND Computing: Software Development will give learners the skills and theoretical knowledge that they need as they move into higher education and employment. The software development activities covered include: new development, modification, reuse, re-engineering, and maintenance.
- Develop candidates’ knowledge and skills in planning, developing and evaluating
- Develop employment skills, particularly relating to the IT industry
- Learning and transferable skills (including Core Skills)
- Develop study and research skills
- Develop Provide academic stimulus
- Develop English language skills
- To enable learners to achieve an International award which is studied and assessed in English
- Develop a range of contemporary software development skills that are required by industry
- Prepare learners for employment in competitive international markets
- Prepare learners for progression to degree study at the partners Universities within different countries
- Provide underpinning knowledge associated with appropriate vendor qualifications
The HND Computing: Software Development program requires:
Minimum Grade 12 or Equivalent Canadian qualification
If English is not a student’s mother tongue, they are required to have an IELTS level 6.0 OR equivalent (In case of other testing standards) to be admitted to the course. If, on starting the program, their language proficiency proves to be significantly lower than what is expected of an IELTS 6.0, they will be required to take an English course at Focus College be-fore being able to continue with their program studies.
The HND Computing: Software Development program begins in the first week of: