The HND Travel & Tourism program is a 2 + 2 program which is transferable to 72+ universities worldwide. You will learn practical skills and theoretical travel and tourism knowledge which employers want. Retail travel practices, air travel, marketing and planning in travel and tourism, sustainable development in tourism, tour guiding, resort representation and tour operations are some of the areas the program covers.
The HND Travel & Tourism will provide a breadth of competencies. Specific aims of the program include:
- Developing suitable competencies to enter employment in a range of organizations such as retail and business travel agencies, tour operators, airlines, coach, rail and sea operations and providers of ancillary services including car rental, insurance and foreign exchange.
- Preparing students for employment in the general field of commerce in areas such as customer services and administration.
- Developing and enhancing transferable skills in planning, organizing, critical and evaluative thinking and investigating issues and problems relating to travel, tourism, and business in depth.
- Developing intrapersonal and interpersonal skills relevant to a range of positions and levels in the travel and tourism industry.
- Showing students how to adopt an innovative and creative approach to their work and be able to respond quickly to challenges posed by changes in the travel and tourism environment.
Please contact Focus College for Start Dates regarding the HND Travel & Tourism program
Applicants must have a Canadian grade 12 diploma or international equivalent, or be a mature student, or have relevant experience.
Those students whose mother tongue is not English are required to have an IELTS level 6.0 or equivalent to be admitted to the course. If, on starting the program, the student’s language proficiency proves to be significantly lower than what is expected of an IELTS 6.0, s/he will be required to take an English course at Focus College before being able to continue with his/her program studies.
The HND in Travel and Tourism will prepare candidates for entry to a wide range of positions, including: Travel Agent; Tour Operator; Airline Service Agent; Travel Consultant; Ground and Water Transport Agent; Reservation Agent; Conference/Event Planning; Ticket Agent; Travel Information Agent; Travel Specialist; Visitor Information Counsellor; Guest Services Agent/Representative; Receptionist; Administrative Assistant; Booking Agent; and many more.
In order to graduate, students must pass the HND program at minimum Grade C (50%).