Get the Skills for a Professional Career as a Security Specialist
Are you trustworthy and good with computers? Start training at Focus College to be a Security Specialist today!
Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Advanced Security Specialist
Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Advanced Security Specialist (PGD in ITASS) program is designed, such that students will be prepared to meet the information technology`s industry demands. It covers most popular industry platform such as Microsoft Operating Systems, Linux Operating Systems, Mail Administration, Security policies, procedures, and technical implementation of security standards, Forensic inspection, ethical hacking and penetration testing etc.
Upon successful completion of the program students will be able to secure an entry level job in Computer networking field. Job title may include Information Systems Security Professional, Systems Operations Analyst, LAN Manager, Network Administrator, Network Engineer, Network Security Architect, Network Analyst, Computer and Network Operator, Mail Administrator, System Analyst, Network Forensic Inspector, Security Administrator, Network technician, Lab Manger etc
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related fields (in case of Bachelor degree in unrelated field, minimum 1 year experience in related field is required) or Equivalent Canadian qualification OR minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- Students from Non English speaking countries/territories will have to demonstrate their English proficiency at minimum IELTS Band level 6.0 OR equivalent (In case of other testing standards). If there is no proof of English proficiency or lower English proficiency level, students will have to take an English course at Focus College.
Networking and Hardware Fundamentals
Desktop Support & Infrastructure Implementation
Windows Server Configuration
Professional Skills (Level-1)
Windows Server Administration
Advanced Network Administration
Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
Enterprise Administration using Windows Server Infrastructure
Advanced Scripting & Network Administration
Professional Skills Level-2
Mail Systems and Business Collaboration
Installing and Configuring Linux Operating Systems
Advanced Routing & Switching using Cisco Hardware
Virtualization & Cloud Computing
Advance Linux Administration
Network Security Industry Standards
Corporate Hybrid Networking using Linux and Windows
Perimeter Network Defence
Enterprise Administration Project
Cryptology and modern Network Security
Incident Response and Forensic Inspection
Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing
Review our program pricing for full details.
Scholarships and other financing options are available for qualified candidates.
- This program is offered at our Kelowna and Surrey campuses
- Students are required to maintain 80% attendance throughout the program
- Approximately 10-15 hours/week homework is required from students to be successful in this program
- In order to graduate, students must pass all units through the program with a grade of C or higher.
Is Employment-Focused Training for a Career in IT Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in exploring whether Focus College’s training programs and career opportunities in Information Technology and Software Development are right for you, fill out the form on this page and we’ll get you some more information.
A helpful Focus College Admissions Representative will be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from determining the right career path for you to discussing financial aid options.
*Program length when completed in normal time. **Program length following the accelerated track.