Transfer to the University of the Fraser Valley
Focus College is proud to be the only college to offer students a unique university pathway opportunity to complete their diploma or degree courses at the University of the Fraser Valley (UFV). This will help provide students the hands-on experience and industry connections to succeed in their chosen fields.
Students who take the Certificate or Diploma Business programs at Focus College have the option to transfer credits to UFV to continue their education. This pathway provides many benefits to students. You can easily transfer to the University of the Fraser Valley to continue your education! Here’s what that looks like for you:
Image sited from Agassiz Harrison Observer.
Why did Focus College partner to create a transfer to University of the Fraser Valley?
There are seven major reasons, here they are:
- Easy transition from college to university.
- The flexibility to choose their own career path.
- Complete their diploma or degree at a lower cost than straight to university.
- Reduce the financial burden of post-secondary education.
- Accessibility to students from all backgrounds.
- UFV’s partnerships with local businesses provide students the opportunity to meet and learn from professionals in their field of study.
- Build a professional network of industry contacts to allow them to stand out from the crowd.
What does transferring to the University of the Fraser Valley mean for students?
The UFV pathway program is designed to provide students with personalized support, including academic advising, tutoring, and mentoring. Students will have the opportunity to gain real-world experience in their field of study.
Transferring from a college to university or even one university to another can be difficult. Will your credits transfer? Will you be able to graduate on time? Often, the answer to these questions is, “sure, but you’ll have to retake some classes.” With Focus College, the answer is simply, “Yes”.
When you transfer to the University of the Fraser Valley from Focus College, everything is set up for you to succeed. Classes transfer, you can turn a certificate into a diploma or a diploma into a degree, it’s your choice.
Why should I start with Focus College in the first place?
There are four major reasons to start with Focus College and then transfer to the University of the Fraser Valley.
- Accreditation: Focus College is designated by the Private Training Institutions Branch. This ensures that Focus College meets specific standards of quality to ensure students receive the training they deserve.
- Location: Focus College has a number of locations in both urban and suburban areas to ensure your campus isn’t too far from home.
- Savings: A student can save up to $18,000 by training with Focus College and then making the transfer to the University of the Fraser Valley.
- Community and Culture: Focus College has a culture built on the student. Small class sizes, instructors that are always available, and top-level technology to ensure all students learn the way they need.
Are there any requirements to transfer to the University of the Fraser Valley?
The Pathway program is open to students who have completed either Certificate in Business or Diploma in Business at Focus College. There are 2 ways to enroll at UFV.
The first is a: 1+1: 1-year Certificate Program in Business at Focus College combined with a 1-year General Studies Diploma at UFV.
The second is a: 1+3: 1-year Certificate Program in Business at Focus College combined with a 3-year Bachelor of Integrated Studies at UFV.
To learn more, please visit our program page or book a call with one of our Admissions Representatives below!
Do not miss this opportunity to join UFV, consistently rated as one of BC’s top universities and awarded a five-star rating in teaching by QS Stars.