The accounting assistant certificate program gives our students a deep understanding of general accounting & payroll procedures, basic office skills required to operate in a modern environment, and the crucial soft skills employers in this demographic are seeking.
The course covers how to efficiently use applications within the Microsoft Office Suite. The main theoretical component of this programs is the accounting, where students will see every step to the accounting cycle, and payroll, giving our students the in-depth look into the rules and procedures of the position.
The Accounting Assistant Certificate Program familiarizes students with Sage 50 and Quick-Books, the leading applications for accounting.
At Focus College we give our students and graduates of the accounting certificate program to be gainfully employed in their field of study!
Still on the fence? Check out the job growth trends and employment opportunities for Accounting Assistants.
- Work efficiently in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email, Sage 50 Accounting and QuickBooks
- Develop the skills to create powerful presentations with graphs, tables, and embedded graphics
- Develop an awareness of the skills needed to work in today’s workforce
- Develop interpersonal communications and office skills
- Set up books for small businesses
- Perform accounting duties such as
- Analyzing & journalizing
- Preparing financial statements
- Completing accounting cycle
- Month end and year end preparations & adjustments
- Banking & Bank Reconciliations
- Handling Accounts Receivable/Payable duties
- Inventory control duties and
- Payroll duties
- IBM compatible computer with a minimum of 8 Gigabyte hard drive, 1 Gig Ram
- Windows 10
- Office 2016
- Sage 50 Accounting Software
- QuickBooks Software