The HND/Advanced Diploma in Business provides the practical skills and theoretical business knowledge that employers need. Our diploma programs are given an advanced entry to universities nationally and internationally. Advanced Diploma in Business (SCQF level 8) provides the most current and up to date insight into the main aspects of international business with a focus on business management and human resource development.
Our Advanced Diploma in Business is the best in Canada, receiving the highest designation by the Scottish Qualifying Authority. 72 Universities and counting around the world will recognize and accept your diploma if you choose to finish your degree travelling abroad after studying at Focus College.
Our Business Program covers business culture and strategy, managing people in different sizes of organizations, marketing, economic issues, accounting, business law, and IT.
Advanced Diploma in Business Learning Objectives
Our diploma in business gives students a breadth of competencies in every aspect of business.
The specific aims of the diploma program are to:
- Develop suitable competencies to enter a range of administrative, commercial or managerial positions.
- Develop student competencies to support their career aspirations.
- Prepare students for progression to degree courses delivered by UK universities.
- Develop skills for independent, life-long learning.
- Develop and enhance transferable skills for employability and Core Skills.
- Develop and enhance transferable skills in planning, organizing, critical and evaluative thinking and enable the candidate to investigate business issues and problems in depth.
- Develop intrapersonal and interpersonal skills relevant to a range of administrative, commercial or managerial positions in business organizations.
- Develop communication and presentation skills.
- Adopt an innovative and creative approach to their work and be able to respond quickly to challenges posed by changes in the business environment.
- Develop the ability to work flexibly and co-operatively with others.
The HND Business program requires:
Minimum Grade 12 or Equivalent Canadian qualification
If English is not a student’s mother tongue, they are required to have an IELTS level 6.0 OR equivalent (In case of other testing standards) to be admitted to the course. If, on starting the program, their language proficiency proves to be significantly lower than what is expected of an IELTS 6.0, they will be required to take an English course at Focus College be-fore being able to continue with their program studies.
HND Business will prepare candidates for entry to a wide range of positions. Respondents to employer consultation named the following as posts for which HN Business graduates would typically be recruited: ¨ Administrative Officer ¨ Manufacturing Distribution ¨ Administration Supervisor ¨ Office Manager ¨ Assistant Manager ¨ Personal Assistant ¨ Banking Advisor ¨ Planning Officer ¨ Business Development Assistant ¨ Purchasing Officer ¨ Business Manager ¨ Sales Coordinator ¨ Customer Service Coordinator ¨ Team Leader ¨ Finance Assistant ¨ Trainee Manager
The HND has a strong managerial focus which enables candidates to progress more quickly to supervisory/management roles. In addition, HND candidates, through their choice of options, will be able to prepare for a career (or further studies) in a number of specialist areas, for example, Human Resource Management, Marketing, and Financial Services.
The HND Business program begins in the first week of: