In the ESL with Business Administration and Accounting program students will progress from English to basic computer skills and specific Business Administration Skills and Accounting Courses during which the program teaches students a range of duties to keep offices running smoothly. All functions of the modern office are covered, including Microsoft Office applications, Business Communications, Office Procedures, Business Math, as well as manual and computerized bookkeeping/accounting. The component in Human Resources will cover a range of topics in the national and international management of staff.
Students will be able to function in reception, administrative duties, and bookkeeping/accounting. The added education in Accounting will give students a more thorough knowledge and competitive edge. The ESL with Business Administration and Accounting program will also include an on-site component so students will be able to apply their learned skills in a practical setting.
Upon successful completion of the ESL component of the program, students will have achieved a minimum IELTS Level 5 and were capable of learning all the course materials and have learned all the skills required to run the modern office capably and professionally.
Students will be proficient in Microsoft Office Computer Applications (PowerPoint Presentations, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Publisher), modern office technologies, Office Procedures, Business Math, Business Communications, Human Resources, Bookkeeping/Accounting, QuickBooks and Sage 50.
- Minimum 19 years of age or out of school minimum 1 year.
- Keyboarding at 30 wpm. Note: if the student is unable to type at this speed and accuracy, he or she will be required to take an FCP keyboarding course concurrently.
- Students are required to achieve an IELTS Level 5 before being able to enter the Business Administration part of the program. If the student does not score 5.0, additional ESL will have to be taken at FC until the level is achieved.
- Occupational First Aid Book, WorkSafe BC
- English as a Second Language
- Windows, CCI MasterTrak
- Microsoft Office Manuals, CCI MasterTrak
- Sage 50 Accounting Manuals, CCI
- QuickBooks, CCI Learning
- Business Communication, Pearson Ed.
- Business Mathematics, barron.com
- Office Procedures, Pearson Ed.
- Strategic Planning for Human Resources, Pearson Ed.
- Organizational Behaviour, Pearson Ed.
- College Accounting, Level 1 and Level 2
The ESL with Business Administration and Accounting program begins in the first week of: