The Microsoft Word Level 1 course introduces students to the creation and editing of documents. Students learn how to save, open and close documents as well as the formatting options available. Other valuable procedures such as setting tabs, indents, changing view modes and manipulating text will also be taught. The student will develop their documents then learn to copy, paste and print a final copy.
Students will learn to:
- create, edit, save, open, and close documents
- select text for further action such as formatting, deleting, copying, pasting, etc.
- change the view mode for specific types of editing tasks
- apply character and paragraph formatting options
- set tabs and indents for columnar types of information such as financial reports
- change the margins, paper size or orientation for a document
- control the text flow using appropriate page breaks
- use headers and footers in a document
- find and replace information in a document
- preview and print documents
- create, edit, and print envelopes or labels
- Students must purchase Microsoft Word
- Students must be 18 years of age or older
- Students must have taken Introduction to Windows
- Must demonstrate to Instructor that concepts are understood
- Must obtain 70% or higher on reviews and quizzes
This course is based on continuous intake and students are able to start as soon as they are ready.
For more information please call 250-861-5808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org