Get the Skills for a Professional Career as an Accounting Assistant
12 Week* Hands-On Accounting Assistant Training Program
If you’re someone who cares about details and likes working with numbers, this 3-month* program might be a great fit for you. The ideal person for this career is a strong communicator who can be trusted to keep information confidential and perform all duties with a lot of accuracy.
If this sounds like you, or if you feel you could get there with our high-quality training program, read on to find out how you can be ready to jump into an Accounting Assistant program in 12 weeks*!
Focus on your goal and we’ll get you the skills you need to make it a reality.
Students may find employment in many accounting and office positions, such as Clerks, Bookkeepers, Accounting Assistants, Accounts Receivable Clerks, Accounts Payable Clerks, Payroll Clerks, and Office Assistants.
Who Will Benefit from the Program?
Actually, most people have a lot to gain from taking this program. Former students returning to school, adult learners with families, working individuals who wish to enhance their career prospects, and people who wish to start their own businesses.
In the Accounting Assistant program students will specialize in accounting and office skills. The Accounting Assistant program will equip students with knowledge in the following:
- Manual Accounting
- Computerized Accounting and Payroll
- Office Administration
- Office Programs
Accounting Details Covered
- Analyzing & journalizing
- Preparing financial statements
- Completing accounting cycle
- Month-end and year-end preparations & adjustments
- Banking & Bank Reconciliations
- Handling Accounts Receivable/Payable duties
- Inventory control duties
- Payroll duties
Upon completion of the accounting assistant program, the successful student will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Work efficiently in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email, Sage 50 Accounting and QuickBooks
- Develop the skills to create powerful presentations with graphs, tables, and embedded graphics
- Gain an awareness of the skills needed to work in today’s workforce
- Learn interpersonal communications and office skills
- Set up books for small businesses
- Minimum 18 years of age or out of school for a minimum of 1 year
- In the case of students from non-English-speaking countries/territories, students will have to demonstrate their English proficiency at a minimum IELTS Band level of 6.0 or equivalent. (In a case where a prospective student has no proof of English proficiency or an English proficiency level below IELTS Band 6.0, that student will be required to take the Focus College ESL “Crash Course”)
- On campus delivery in Kelowna or Surrey through lectures, demonstrations and hands-on training
- Students are required to maintain 80% attendance throughout the program
- Student progress is monitored weekly through assignments, quizzes, projects and tests
- Students are required to spend approximately 304 hours of self-study time
- In order to graduate, students must pass all units through the program with a grade of 70% or higher
You will need the following supplies for this program:
- IBM compatible computer with a minimum of 8 Gigabyte hard drive, 1 Gig Ram
- Windows 10
- Office 2016
- Sage 50 Accounting software
- QuickBooks software
Is Employment-Focused Training for a Career in Accounting Right for You?
Get More Info…
If you’re interested in exploring whether Focus College’s training programs and career opportunities as an Accounting Assistant are right for you, or you want to learn more about how you can transfer credits to one of our many international university partners, fill out the form on this page and we’ll get you some more information.
A helpful Focus College Admissions Representative will be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from determining the right career path for you to discussing financial aid options.
*Program length when completed in normal time.