Get the Skills for a Professional Career
in Business – Advanced Diploma in Business
2 Year** Hands-On Business Training Program
Interested in becoming a stronger communicator and learning how organizations work so that you can find a role for yourself in one of them and build a stable career? In this 2-year* full-time program from Focus College, you can prepare yourself for a wide variety of rewarding careers in the ever-growing world of Business.
And you have the option to complete the diploma program and jump right into securing employment or move on to enter one of our 75 partner universities around the world to get your degree. It all starts right here.
Focus on your goal and we’ll get you the skills to make it a reality.
The Focus College Advanced Diploma in Business will prepare successful graduates for entry into a wide range of positions such as:
- Administrative Officer
- Administration Supervisor
- Office Manager
- Business Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Banking Advisor
- Business Development Assistant
- Sales Coordinator
- Customer Service Coordinator
- Finance Assistant
- and more!
Who Will Benefit from the Program?
Most people have a lot to gain from taking this program. Former students returning to school, anyone who wants to pursue higher education, adult learners with families, working individuals who wish to enhance their career prospects, and people who wish to start their own business.
The Advanced Diploma in Business can provide advanced entry to degree-level study or a Master’s degree program. Visit this page for information on the institutions that will consider advanced entry with Focus College’s diploma qualifications.
The Advanced Diploma in Business will provide graduates with a breadth of competencies. The specific aims of the program are to:
- Develop suitable competencies to enter a range of administrative, commercial or managerial positions
- Develop student competencies to support their career aspirations
- Prepare students for progression to degree courses delivered by UK universities
- Develop skills for independent, lifelong learning
- Develop and enhance transferable skills for employability and core skills
- Develop and enhance transferable skills in planning, organizing, critical and evaluative thinking and enable the candidate to investigate business issues and problems in depth
- Develop intra-/interpersonal skills relevant to a range of administrative, commercial or managerial positions in business organizations
- Develop communication and presentation skills
- Adopt an innovative and creative approach to their work and be able to respond quickly to challenges posed by changes in the business environment
- Develop the ability to work flexibly and cooperatively with others
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent Canadian qualification OR relevant experience or mature students
- In the case of students from non-English-speaking countries/territories, students will have to demonstrate their English proficiency at minimum IELTS Band level 6.0 OR equivalent. (In a case where a prospective student has no proof of English proficiency or an English proficiency level below IELTS Band 6.0, that student will be required to take the Focus College ESL “Crash Course”).
- This program is offered at the Kelowna and Surrey campuses
- Students are required to maintain 80% attendance throughout the program
- Approximately 10-15 hours/week is required from students to be successful in this program
- In order to graduate, students must pass all units through the program with a grade of C or higher
Is Employment-Focused Training for a Career in Business Right for You?
Get More Info…
If you’re interested in exploring whether Focus College’s training programs and career opportunities in Business are right for you, or you want to learn more about how you can transfer credits to one of our many international university partners, fill out the form on this page and we’ll get you some more information.
A helpful Focus College Admissions Representative will be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from determining the right career path for you to discussing financial aid options.
*Program length when completed in normal time. **Program length following the accelerated track.