Get the Skills for a Professional Career
11 Month* Hands-On Business Administration Training Program
To work in any office environment today, you need business and administration skills. To be even more competitive, you can specialize. One of your best options, if you choose to pick an area of specialization, is Accounting.
The ideal person for this program is someone with a mind for numbers, obviously, and strong organizational skills. But even if you’re not the most organized person in the world yet, don’t worry. Many of our courses will help you develop those skills. Read below to learn more about the program.
Focus on your goal and we’ll get you the skills you need to make it a reality.
Students who complete this program will be qualified to pursue self-employment, or find employment in a variety of accounting and office positions such as:
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Payroll Practitioners
- Office Assistant
- Office Manager
- Administrative Assistant
- and more!
Is a Career in Business Right for You? Find Out! Take the Focus College "Business Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Business Career Training Readiness score now >>
Who Will Benefit from the Program?
Actually, most people have a lot to gain from taking this program. Former students returning to school, anyone who wants to pursue higher education, adult learners with families, working individuals who wish to enhance their career prospects, and people who wish to start their own businesses.
In the Business Administration Skills with Accounting Specialization program, students will specialize in manual accounting, computerized accounting, payroll, and computer technology. Students will be equipped with the knowledge necessary to manage an office or create and manage their own small business.
The specific aims of the program are to:
- Communicate and use the knowledge of computer hardware and software programs
- Work efficiently in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email, Sage 50 Accounting, QuickBooks, Taxation and Payroll
- Develop the skills to create powerful presentations with graphs, tables, and embedded graphics
- Understand the accounting concepts by doing the books manually
- Develop the administrative skills needed to work in today’s workforce
- Develop interpersonal communications and office skills
- Set up books for small businesses and complete the accounting cycle
Graduates will be able to perform accounting duties such as:
- Analyzing and journaling
- Preparing financial statements
- Completing accounting cycle
- Month-end and year-end preparations and adjustments
- Banking and reconciliations
- Handling accounts receivable/payable duties
- Inventory control duties
- Payroll duties
- Handling bad debt
- Month-end duties
- Year-end procedures
- Keeping records
- Back up and restoration of files
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent Canadian qualification OR relevant experience or mature students
- In the case of students from non-English-speaking countries/territories, students will have to demonstrate their English proficiency at a minimum IELTS Band level of 6.0 or equivalent. (In a case where a prospective student has no proof of English proficiency or an English proficiency level below IELTS Band 6.0, that student will be required to take the Focus College ESL “Crash Course”)
TUITION AND OTHER FEES
Review our program pricing for full details.
Scholarships and other financing options are available for qualified candidates.
- This program is offered at the Kelowna and Surrey campuses
- Students are required to maintain 80% attendance throughout the program
- Approximately 3–4 hours/week of self-study is required from students to be successful in this program
- In order to graduate, students must pass all units through the program with a grade of C or higher
The following supplies are required:
- IBM-compatible computer with a minimum of 8 GB hard drive, 1 GB Ram
- Windows 10
- Office 2016
- Sage 50 Accounting Software
- QuickBooks Software
Advanced Business Diploma
Do you have your business certificate and want to upgrade to a Diploma?
Is Employment-Focused Training for a Career in Business Administration or Accounting Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in exploring whether Focus College’s training programs and career opportunities in Business Administration and Accounting are right for you, or you want to learn more about how you can transfer credits to one of our many international university partners, fill out the form on this page and we’ll get you some more information.
A helpful Focus College Admissions Representative will be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from determining the right career path for you to discussing financial aid options.
*Program length when completed in normal time.