Get the Skills to Improve Your English Ability
11 Week* Hands-On ESL “Crash Course” Training Program
If you want to improve your English, this is the right place to be. Focus College has this English “Crash Course” to help you move up from the beginner level to advanced beginner and intermediate. This will give you more confidence in your English skills and prepare you for career training or university.
Our instructors are experienced, friendly and welcoming, and our program is designed to help you improve your listening, speaking, reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary. Read below for more information.
Focus on your goal. We’ll get you the skills you need to make it a reality.
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out! Take the Focus College “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
Who Should Enroll in This Program?
This program was designed for beginners and advanced beginners.
You will learn English for everyday life, work, and emergency situations. You will be introduced to Canadian culture, consumer economics, and aspects of Canadian citizenship.
The course covers basic English communication (grammar, vocabulary, and speaking), life in Canada, and English for emergencies.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Communicate in English and read and write short English texts
- Request or clarify information in a variety of situations
- Introduce, thank, apologize, compliment, express pleasure or regret
- Understand traffic signs and common laws, shop, follow simple recipes, and use Canadian currency
- Place emergency phone calls and communicate situations to emergency services and doctors
- Ask for and give directions
- Fill in common government services or job-related forms and create a resume in English
- You must be at least 18 years old to enroll
- This program is offered at the Kelowna and Surrey campuses
- Students are required to maintain 80% attendance throughout the program
- In order to graduate, students must pass all units through the program with a score of 70% or higher
All course materials will be provided by Focus College
Is ESL Training in Canada to Prepare for Your Future Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in exploring whether Focus College’s ESL program is right for you, fill out the form on this page and we’ll get you some more information.
A helpful Focus College Admissions Representative will be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from determining the right career path for you to discussing financial aid options.
*Program length when completed in normal time.