Get the ESL Skills for a Professional Career in Business
1 Year* Hands-On ESL & Business Administration Program
Business and administrative skills are needed in almost every office position. In this 1-year* full-time program, you can improve your English ability and then learn the most important skills to gain employment in an office environment.
Those are some big steps to take in just 12 months*! It all starts here. Focus on your goal and we’ll get you the skills you need to make it a reality.
Students who complete this program will be qualified to pursue self-employment, or find employment in a variety of office positions such as:
- Office Assistant
- Office Manager
- Administrative Assistant
- and more!
After successfully completing the ESL component of the program, students will have demonstrated the skill level necessary to learn and fully understand all the program materials. Once students complete the entire program they will have learned all the skills required to run an office.
Students will be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Publisher), modern office technologies, office procedures, business math, business communications, human resources, bookkeeping/accounting, QuickBooks and Sage 50.
Applicants must have a grade 12 diploma or be a mature student (aged 19 at the start of the course or out of school for 1 year). A copy of the student’s high school diploma is required if they are under the age of 19.
- This program is offered at the Kelowna and Surrey campuses
- Students are required to maintain 80% attendance throughout the program
- Approximately 20–30 hours/week is required from students to be successful in this program
- In order to graduate, students must pass all units in the program with a grade of C or higher
Students can purchase the following textbooks:
- English as a Second Language
- Introduction to Windows, CCI MasterTrak
- Microsoft Office Manuals, CCI MasterTrak
- Sage 50 Accounting Manuals, CCI
- QuickBooks, CCI Learning
- Business Communication, Pearson Ed
- Business Mathematics, barronseduc.com
- Office Procedures, Pearson Ed
- Strategic Planning for Human Resources, Pearson Ed
- Organizational Behaviour, Pearson Ed
- Barron’s E-Z Bookkeeping
Is Employment-Focused Training for a Career in Business Administration Right for You? Get More Info…
If you want to explore Focus College’s training programs and career opportunities in Business Administration, or you want to learn more about how you can transfer credits to one of our many international university partners, fill out the form on this page and we’ll get you some more information.
A helpful Focus College Admissions Representative will be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from determining the right career path for you to discussing financial aid options.
*Program length when completed in normal time.