Get the Skills for a Professional Career in Office Management
12 Week* Hands-On Office Manager Training Program
Do people often tell you that you’re great with people? Are you really organized and good at managing your time? If you already possess these valuable qualities, you’re well on your way to being ready to enter a variety of career fields. All you need is some targeted training in specific administrative duties to be employment-ready.
The Office Management certificate program from Focus College only takes 3 months* to complete and provides you with all the knowledge you need to succeed as an administrator in many office environments. Read on to learn more about this rewarding program.
Focus on your goal and we’ll get you the skills you need to make it a reality.
Students who complete this course will be able to secure positions as Office Managers, Office Administrators, Supervisors, Office Assistants, Human Resource & Marketing Personnel.
Who Will Benefit from the Program?
Actually, most people have a lot to gain from taking this program. Former students returning to school, adult learners with families, working individuals who wish to enhance their career prospects, and people who wish to start their own businesses.
The Office Manager Certificate program will equip students with skills in the following:
- Office Administration
- human Resource Management
- and more
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Communicate knowledge of operating popular computer applications
- Work efficiently with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
- Develop the skills to create powerful presentations with graphs, tables, and embedded graphics
- Develop an awareness of the skills needed to work in today’s workforce
- Develop interpersonal communications and management skills
- Write proper business letters and other documents
- Demonstrate modern office skills and managerial skills
- Develop skills for managing an office
- Understand marketing concepts, principles and application
- Discover and apply sales strategies
- Understand and apply skills in human resources management, planning, strategies and recruitment process
- Minimum 18 years of age or out of school for a minimum of 1 year
- In the case of students from non-English-speaking countries/territories, students will have to demonstrate their English proficiency at a minimum IELTS Band level of 6.0 or equivalent. (In a case where a prospective student has no proof of English proficiency or an English proficiency level below IELTS Band 6.0, that student will be required to take the Focus College ESL “Crash Course”)
“Life Skills & Success Strategies”
This course covers the soft skills required to obtain and retain employment, including communication skills, emotional intelligence, goal setting, stress management, problem solving and teamwork.
“Word Processing: Word Levels 1 & 2”
This course teaches students how to create different kinds of business documents using a variety of core and intermediate skills such as letters, memos, forms, newsletters, and reports
Microsoft Excel teaches the student how to work with different types of documents using a variety of core and intermediate features to create and edit professional-looking spreadsheets for a variety of purposes and situations.
The Microsoft PowerPoint course covers all the topics needed to create and manage presentations. Some topics included are charts & tables, slide masters, adding multimedia elements, and delivering the presentations.
This course teaches the students how to use the various elements such as mail, calendar or contacts to coordinate communications and collaborations with others. The user will acquire fundamental concepts and skills, building on this foundation as they increase their productivity in communication and sharing information with others.
“Business Writing (Business Letters/Memos/Reports)”
This course is filled with insights into improving one’s written business communications. From everyday letters, emails, and reports to Web site content, proposals, and new media, students will discover what it takes to make every written word and document.
“Project Management: Microsoft Project”
In this course, students will get an increased awareness of project management concepts. They will learn to apply planning and organizing techniques for good time management, demonstrate a logical approach to project planning, prepare and evaluate projects, use project management software to effectively manage projects for better decision making and develop skills to evaluate projects.
“Leadership & Management Skills”
This course explores different models, conceptualizations, and measures of leader interpersonal and influence “soft skills” that are so necessary for effective leadership. These include the communication skills, persuasion skills, political savvy, and emotional abilities used by leaders to inspire, motivate, and move followers toward the accomplishment of goals.
“Marketing & Sales Strategies”
This course focuses on marketing, strategic planning, and digital or online marketing. Social media marketing enables students to study how and when they want – including on a smartphone! Whatever you sell, wherever you compete, this course will help you build leads, traffic, sales, market share – and profits!
“Marketing: Branding & Pricing”
This is a continuation of Marketing & Sales Strategies. This course focuses on branding, pricing, and marketing channels.
“Human Resource Management: Role & Strategies”
This course uniquely provides a strategic explanation of how established Human Resource policies can be adapted to meet new challenges. In addition to a thorough exposition of the main policy areas, this course offers an introduction to organizational behaviour studies, incorporates relevant aspects of employee relations, and presents an overview of employment law.
“Human Resource Management: Recruitment & Selection”
This course focuses on Recruitment and Selection, Job Analysis-Defining Performance, Sourcing, Selecting Employees, Developing People, Performance Appraisal, Talent Management, and Learning and Development.
“Human Resource Management: Employee Relationships & Awards”
This course focuses on Employee Relations, Evaluation, Pay Systems, Total Rewards, Corporate Governance and HRM, Disputes and Ways of Resolving Conflict, Consultation, Participation and Employee Engagement, and Well-being at Work.
This course gives an overview of the skills required for self-employment. Instruction covers orientation of job skills, training required in the new millennium, job interview skills, resume writing, cover letters, and references.
Review our program pricing for full details.
Scholarships and other financing options are available for qualified candidates.
- On campus delivery in Kelowna or Surrey through lectures, demonstrations and hands-on training
- Students are required to maintain 80% attendance throughout the program
- In order to graduate, students must pass all units through the program with a grade of 70% or higher
- Students progress is monitored weekly through assignments, quizzes, projects and tests. A final assessment is conducted at the end of the course for each program
You will need the following supplies for this program:
- IBM compatible computer with a minimum of 8 GB hard drive, 1 GB Ram
- Windows 10
- Office 2016
Is Employment-Focused Training for a Career as an Office Manager Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in exploring whether Focus College’s training programs and career opportunities in Business Administration and Office Management are right for you, or you want to learn more about how you can transfer credits to one of our many international university partners, fill out the form on this page and we’ll get you some more information.
A helpful Focus College Admissions Representative will be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from determining the right career path for you to discussing financial aid options.
*Program length when completed in normal time.