Get the Skills for a Professional Career in Office Management
12 Week* Hands-On Office Management Training Program
Do people often tell you that you’re great with people? Are you really organized and good at managing your time? If you already possess these valuable qualities, you’re well on your way to being ready to enter a variety of career fields. All you need is some targeted training in specific administrative duties to be employment-ready.
The Office Management certificate program from Focus College only takes 3 months* to complete and provides you with all the knowledge you need to succeed as an administrator in many office environments. Read on to learn more about this rewarding program.
Focus on your goal and we’ll get you the skills you need to make it a reality.
Students who complete this course will be able to secure positions as Office Managers, Office Administrators, Supervisors, Office Assistants, Human Resource & Marketing Personnel.
Is a Career as an Administration Professional Right for You? Find Out! Take the Focus College "Administration Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Administration Career Training Readiness score now >>
Who Will Benefit from the Program?
Actually, most people have a lot to gain from taking this program. Former students returning to school, adult learners with families, working individuals who wish to enhance their career prospects, and people who wish to start their own businesses.
The Office Manager Certificate program will equip students with skills in the following:
- Office Administration
- human Resource Management
- and more
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Communicate knowledge of operating popular computer applications
- Work efficiently with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
- Develop the skills to create powerful presentations with graphs, tables, and embedded graphics
- Develop an awareness of the skills needed to work in today’s workforce
- Develop interpersonal communications and management skills
- Write proper business letters and other documents
- Demonstrate modern office skills and managerial skills
- Develop skills for managing an office
- Understand marketing concepts, principles and application
- Discover and apply sales strategies
- Understand and apply skills in human resources management, planning, strategies and recruitment process
- Minimum 18 years of age or out of school for a minimum of 1 year
- In the case of students from non-English-speaking countries/territories, students will have to demonstrate their English proficiency at a minimum IELTS Band level of 6.0 or equivalent. (In a case where a prospective student has no proof of English proficiency or an English proficiency level below IELTS Band 6.0, that student will be required to take the Focus College ESL “Crash Course”)
- On campus delivery in Kelowna or Surrey through lectures, demonstrations and hands-on training
- Students are required to maintain 80% attendance throughout the program
- In order to graduate, students must pass all units through the program with a grade of 70% or higher
- Students progress is monitored weekly through assignments, quizzes, projects and tests. A final assessment is conducted at the end of the course for each program
You will need the following supplies for this program:
- IBM compatible computer with a minimum of 8 GB hard drive, 1 GB Ram
- Windows 10
- Office 2016
Is Employment-Focused Training for a Career as an Office Manager Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in exploring whether Focus College’s training programs and career opportunities in Business Administration and Office Management are right for you, or you want to learn more about how you can transfer credits to one of our many international university partners, fill out the form on this page and we’ll get you some more information.
A helpful Focus College Admissions Representative will be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from determining the right career path for you to discussing financial aid options.
*Program length when completed in normal time.