Certificate in Office Management
About the Program
Do people often tell you that you’re great with people? Are you organized and good at managing your time? If you already possess these valuable qualities, you’re well on your way to being ready to enter a variety of career fields. All you need is some targeted training in specific administrative duties to be employment ready. The Office Management certificate program from Focus College only takes 3 months to complete and provides you with all the knowledge you need to succeed as an administrator in many office environments. Read on to learn more about this rewarding program. Focus on your goal and we’ll get you the skills you need to make it a reality.
The Office Manager Certificate program will equip students with skills in the following:
- Office Administration
- Human Resource Management
- And more
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Communicate knowledge of operating popular computer applications
- Work efficiently with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
- Develop the skills to create powerful presentations with graphs, tables, and embedded graphics
- Develop an awareness of the skills needed to work in today’s workforce
- Develop interpersonal communications and management skills
- Write proper business letters and other documents
- Demonstrate modern office skills and managerial skills
- Develop skills for managing an office
- Understand marketing concepts, principles, and application
- Discover and apply sales strategies
- Understand and apply skills in human resources management, planning, strategies, and recruitment process
Students who complete this course will be able to secure positions as Office Managers, Office Administrators, Supervisors, Office Assistants, Human Resource and Marketing Personnel.
Who Will Benefit?
Most people have a lot to gain from taking this program. Former students returning to school, adult learners with families, working individuals who wish to enhance their career prospects, and people who wish to start their own businesses.
Minimum 18 years of age or out of school for a minimum of 1 year
In the case of students from non-English-speaking countries/territories, students will have to demonstrate their English proficiency at a minimum IELTS Band level of 6.0 or equivalent. (In a case where a prospective student has no proof of English proficiency or an English proficiency level below IELTS Band 6.0, that student will be required to take the Focus College ESL “Crash Course”)
- Hours of instruction– 288.
- Full time duration– 12 weeks.
- Full time hours– instructional time of 20 or more hours per week, or • if the program leads to employment in a career occupation regulated by Transport Canada, instructional time is 15 or more hours per week.
- Part time hours- instructional time of less than 20 hours per week, or• if the program leads to employment in a career occupation regulated by Transport Canada, instructional time of less than 15 hours per week.
- On campus delivery in Kelowna or Surrey through lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on training
- Students are required to maintain 80% attendance throughout the program
- In order to graduate, students must pass all units through the program with a grade of 70% or higher
- Students’ progress is monitored weekly through assignments, quizzes, projects, and tests. A final assessment is conducted at the end of the course for each program
You will need the following supplies for this program:
- IBM compatible computer with a minimum of 8 GB hard drive, 1 GB Ram
- Windows 10
- Office 2016