Supporting Our Students
When You Need Support, It’s Here for You
A smooth and positive transition of newly enrolled students into Focus College life is important to us, and we want to ensure that you will enjoy your time with us and have many successful experiences.
Transitioning to a new school, starting a new career or moving to a new country for school can be a challenge. Below, you will find a list of resources, should you need additional support and assistance.
Immediate Help & After Hours Emergency
- Personal & Crisis Line: 1-888-353-2273 (1-888-353-CARE). Support in any high-stress situations.
- S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Chinese Help Lines:
- Cantonese Help Line, 10 am – 10 pm: 604-270-8233
- Mandarin Help Line, 10 am – 10 pm: 604-270-8222
- Suicide Helpline: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) (24 hours/day). Please call if you have any thoughts of suicide or know someone who is dealing with this situation.
- VictimLink (Crisis support for women who have experienced violence): 1-800-563-0808 (24 hours/day)
- Fire, Police, Ambulance: Dial 9-1-1
Kelowna Hospital: 2268 Pandosy Street, Kelowna, 250-862-4407
Surrey Memorial Hospital: 13750 96 Avenue, Surrey, 604-581-2211
Here to Help
OTHER MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES
The Crisis Centre
Looking Glass Foundation of BC
Women Against Violence Against Women
LOOKING FOR A COUNSELLOR?
Is Training for a Business, IT, or Travel and Tourism Career Right for You?
Get More Information…
If you’re interested in learning more about Focus College’s training programs and a career in Business, IT, or Travel and Tourism and exploring whether online distance education is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful Focus College Admissions Representative will be happy to answer any questions and can help with everything from career paths to financial aid.