Travelling to Canada during the COVID-19 pandemic
In preparation to your travel to Canada, please become familiar with the following procedures you will be required to follow upon arrival in Canada.
- You will be required to wear a mask in all public places upon arrival in Canada, until you are out of the 14-day quarantine period. Please download the ArriveCAN or BC COVID-19 App for further information about COVID-19 and reporting requirements while in Canada.
- You should arrange to be picked up by a friend or family member from the airport, or alternatively take a taxi to your place of residence. Public transportation should be avoided until you are out of the 14-days quarantine period.
- Your place of residence should allow for you to live suitable for 14 days, with access to food, prescriptions, and all other personal necessities. Several grocery stores and pharmacies in Canada offer online shopping and home delivery options. Skip the Dishes and Door Dash are other options for online ordering and food delivery through restaurants.
You should not be living in a communal or group setting (except family members) and have no contact with vulnerable individuals. You should maintain social distancing from all individuals until your quarantine period is over. Adherence to sanitization procedures such as hand-washing, wearing of masks, and using sanitizing wipes or spray should become regular routine to help stop the spread of the virus.
The college can provide suggestions and resources to help you deal with your isolation, and the general Covid-19 environment. Your health and wellness is vitally important to all of us at Focus College.
- The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to other respiratory illnesses including the flu and common cold.
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Stuffy or runny nose
If you experience any of the following symptoms and would like to be tested for the Covid-19 virus, please contact the local health authority for testing centers. If you are experiencing serious health issues such as difficult breathing, please dial 911 for emergency assistance.
- While you are quarantining, you have access to all college resources including, but not limited to, classes, instructors, cohort, and student services. Focus College does not support discrimination in any form, whether it be on the basis of stigma, anti-racism, mental or physical health, cultural or religious basis. Please contact the college for all questions, queries and support.
Covid-19 Focus College Compliance Officer