Applying to Study in Canada
International Students Get Total Support
You might be a bit nervous about traveling to a new country to live and study – that’s totally normal. We want you to know that you will always feel at home at Focus College. All of our students are very important members of our school community, and we will do everything we can to ensure that you feel safe, comfortable, and very welcome here.
One thing is certain: British Columbia, Canada is an amazing place to study! There are too many reasons to share, but here’s a taste:
- If you study at the Kelowna campus, you can enjoy water sports on Okanagan Lake, hike on any of the scenic trails in the area, and tour the vineyards in this one-of-a-kind wine regions here in Canada.
- In the winter, there are many mountains for skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, or you can simply enjoy the snowy beauty from somewhere warm, maybe even next to a campfire!
- If you study in the lower mainland (Surrey, Abbotsford, Vancouver) you’ll have access to vibrant, multiculturalism with delicious food, lots of opportunities for entertainment, and more of BC’s natural beauty.
- Visit fresh lakes or the Pacific Ocean, explore Stanley Park and Grouse Mountain.
- You could take a weekend road trip to Whistler any time of year to play in the mountains, or you could jump on a ferry to Vancouver Island to spend a day or two in Victoria, BC’s capital city.
You will never run out of exciting things to do as a student in British Columbia. Think about the new friends you’ll make and the enjoyment of getting out to have fun together when you’re not studying!
Let’s get started!
Please read all the important details below regarding the admissions process for international students.
- Apply for your area of study at Focus college. Your agent will help you complete your online application.
- Your application must include the following items:
• Your first and second choices for a program of study
• Education documents such as report cards and/or certificates
• A copy of your passport biodata and photo pages
• A copy of your official IELTS score
• $200 CDN application fee
- We will send you a conditional acceptance letter within 3 to 5 business days from the date we receive your full application, which must include all required documents and fees.
- Once you meet all the requirements outlined in your conditional offer, your confirmation of acceptance will be issued and sent to you.
- You can apply for your Canadian student visa once you receive your confirmation of acceptance from Focus College.
- As soon as your visa is approved, please send us a copy of the approval by email.
- If your visa is refused, please send us a copy of the refusal letter by email. We require that visa refusal letter to process your refund. Refunds are issued within 30 days of receiving and verifying the letter.