International Students – Welcome!

Students studying at Focus College

As an international student, you will feel welcome and well supported at Focus College. We’ll be your home away from home

International Students Get Total Support

You might be a bit nervous about traveling to a new country to live and study – that’s totally normal. We want you to know that you will always feel at home at Focus College. All of our students are very important members of our school community, and we will do everything we can to ensure that you feel safe, comfortable, and very welcome here.

And whether you choose a program at our Kelowna campus or Surrey campus, one thing is certain: British Columbia, Canada is an amazing place to study! There are too many reasons to share, but here’s a taste:

  • If you study at the Kelowna campus, you can enjoy water sports on Okanagan Lake, hike on any of the scenic trails in the area, and tour the vineyards in one of the type wine regions of Canada.
  • In the winter, there are many mountains for skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, or you can simply enjoy the snowy beauty from somewhere warm, maybe even next to a campfire!
  • If you study in Surrey, you’ll always be so close to Vancouver, a vibrant, multicultural city with delicious food, lots of opportunities for entertainment, and more of that BC natural beauty in places like Stanley Park and Grouse Mountain.
  • You could take a weekend road trip to Whistler any time of year to play in the mountains, or you could jump on a ferry to Vancouver Island to spend a day or two in Victoria, BC’s capital city.

You would never run out of exciting things to do as a student in British Columbia. Think about the new friends you’ll make and the enjoyment of getting out to have fun together when you’re not studying!

How Do You Make This All Happen?

If you are thinking of applying to study at Focus College, and you do not live in Canada, please read below for all the important details regarding the admissions process for international students.

1. Apply for your area of study at Focus college. Your agent will help you complete your online application.

2. Your application must include the following items:

  • Your first and second choices for a program of study
  • Education documents such as report cards and/or certificates
  • A copy of your passport biodata and photo pages
  • A copy of your official IELTS score
  • $200 CDN application fee

3. We will send you a conditional acceptance letter within 3 to 5 days from the date we receive your full application, which must include all required documents and fees.

4. Once you meet all the requirements outlined in your conditional offer, your confirmation of acceptance will be issued and sent to you.

5. You can apply for your Canadian student visa once you receive your confirmation of acceptance from Focus College.

6. As soon as your visa is approved, please send us a copy of the approval by email.

7. If your visa is refused, please send us a copy of the refusal letter by email. We require that visa refusal letter to process your refund. Refunds are issued within 4 to 6 weeks of receiving and verifying the letter.

Apply to Focus College

Focus College is designated by the Private Training Institution Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education of BC. The following refund policy is in accordance with the PTIB.

To be considered for a refund, students must submit written notice of withdrawal to Focus College either by email, mail or fax. If the notice is hand delivered, the notice must be stamped by the college and a copy must be provided to the student for their records. Non-attendance does not constitute notice of withdrawal.

To read the refund policy click here.

  1. Plan to arrive in Canada at least one week before your program begins.
  2. Within 48 hours (this does not include weekends or holidays) of arriving in Canada, you must contact Focus College at [phone-link location=””] to book an appointment with an admissions advisor. If you don’t contact us within 48 hours of arriving in Canada, we may report you to Immigration Canada.
  3. Book an appointment with an admissions advisor to review the items listed below so that we can help you transition smoothly and get you started with your student life in Canada.

To help you get settled in Canada review this checklist once you have arrived:

  • Sign your student contract
  • Orientation date
  • Program schedule
  • International Student Guide
  • Student Handbook
  • Social Insurance
  • MSP (Health Insurance)
  • Bus/Transit schedule
  • Cost of living expenses
  • Part-time employment opportunities
  • Learn about your area – bus routes, community tours and student life
Check Out Our Campus Locations

You are required to have an IELTS Band score. If you don’t have that information, Focus College recommends that you have an English assessment done with us. There is a $250 CDN assessment fee.

If you have an IELTS Band score and it’s lower than 6.0, Focus College requires that you take the English “Crash Course” prior to enrolling in your desired program. If you have an IELTS Band score of 6.0 but your English doesn’t meet the standards for understanding the content of the program you are registered in, you will be asked to take the ESL “Crash Course” while enrolled in your program.

Is Training for a Business, IT, or Travel and Tourism Career Right for You?
Get More Info…

If you’re interested in learning more about Focus College’s training programs and a career in Business, IT, or Travel and Tourism and exploring whether online distance education is right for you, [getinfo]fill out the form[/getinfo] on this page to receive more information.

A helpful Focus College Admissions Representative will be happy to answer any questions and can help with everything from career paths to financial aid.


Apply Online

Focus College response to Covid-19

Updated March 16, 2020

Due to the current pandemic and the desire to protect the health of our students, Focus College is taking measures which incorporate social isolation.

For current students:

We are suspending our Advanced Diploma and Office Manager courses for the week of March 16-20th, to allow for temporary distance learning to be set up. If any students do not have access to a computer from home, we request that they notify the college immediately. Further information on how courses will be delivered will be available as the week goes on. Please monitor your student email for further information throughout the week.

Regarding our April intake:

Our April intake, originally scheduled for April 6, 2020, will be extended to May 4th, 2020, with late intakes accepted. We will re-evaluate as time goes on and international travel resumes. Focus College will issue contract amendments and updated Letters of Acceptance for students to use when accessing the country prior to the start of the new semester.

Students, please ensure that your email is up to date and that you are able to receive communications directly from Focus College to speed these letters, as these emails will be sent to both your agent and to yourself.

***NOTE: If you are an international student planning to attend spring semester, and you are not impacted by flights, you will need to check into the college on your arrival. Please contact as soon as possible if this is likely to affect you. ***


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

This form does not exist