Focus College Admissions
Where it all begins
When you’re ready to make your move and head towards the career you’ve been waiting for, Focus College is here to guide you. Here's what you need to know.
Diploma, Certificate and Short Certificate Requirements
For admission requirements and prerequisites for our Advanced Diploma and Advanced Certificate programs and shorter certificate programs, check out your program of interest and see what you need to qualify.
We encourage students to have a financial plan in place to cover tuition and living expenses. We provide Canadian students with information on scholarships, Student Loans and Focus College installment payment plans. International students are not eligible for scholarships and student loans.
In order to qualify for admission to Focus College, we ask that you meet the following requirements:
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent Canadian qualification. You have either have relevant experience or be a mature student
- Sufficient knowledge of the English language. In the case of students from Non-English speaking countries/territories, students will have to demonstrate their English proficiency at a minimum IELTS Band level 6.0 OR equivalent. (In case of no proof of English proficiency or lower English proficiency level, students will have to take an English crash course at Focus College)
Students Applying from Within Canada
- You are required to demonstrate that you meet the admission requirements for the program you are registered in.
- Bring all required documents and photo ID clearly stating your full name and date of birth with you when you register.
- Send in your completed application online.
- When your admissions eligibility is confirmed, you will be required to pay an application fee of $250 CDN to secure your space in the program you’ve selected.
- If you are paying for your education yourself, you can pay for your first-year fee in advance or talk to us about our installment plan. If you are paying by student loans, please let our team know.
- Ensure that you have medical coverage.
Students Applying from Outside of CanadaFor full details on the international student application process click below.
Tuition Refund Policy
Focus College is designated by the Private Training Institution Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education of BC. To learn more about PTIB, visit: https://www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca/
Our Tuition Refund Policy is in accordance with PTIB regulations. To be considered for a refund, students must submit written notice of withdrawal to Focus College either by email, mail or fax. If the notice is hand delivered it requires that Focus College stamps the notice and provides a copy to the student for their records. Non-attendance does not constitute notice of withdrawal.