Focus College Admissions –
Where It All Begins
Ready to Step into Your Future?
If you’re almost ready to take that first important step to become a Focus College student and start on your journey toward a career and possibly even a university degree, that’s fantastic! You’re about to make a smart decision that will have long-term benefits for you and your future.
Here’s what you need to know…
To qualify for admission as a student at Focus College we ask that candidates meet these requirements:
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent Canadian qualification. You have either have relevant experience or be a mature student
- Sufficient knowledge of the English language. In the case of students from Non-English speaking countries/territories, students will have to demonstrate their English proficiency at a minimum IELTS Band level 6.0 OR equivalent. (In case of no proof of English proficiency or lower English proficiency level, students will have to take an English crash course at Focus College)
Diploma, Certificate and Short Certificate Requirements
For admission requirements and prerequisites for our Advanced Diploma and Advanced Certificate programs and shorter certificate programs, visit the program page for full details. Start here.
We encourage students to have a financial plan in place to cover tuition and living expenses. We provide Canadian students with information on scholarships, Student Loans and Focus College installment payment plans. International students are not eligible for scholarships and student loans.
Students Applying from Within Canada
- You are required to demonstrate that you meet the admission requirements for the program you are registered in.
- Bring all required documents and photo ID clearly stating your full name and date of birth with you when you register.
- Send in your completed application online.
- When your admissions eligibility is confirmed you will be required to pay an application fee of $250 CDN to secure your space in the program you’ve selected.
- If you are paying for your education yourself you can pay for your first-year fee in advance or talk to us about our installment plan. If you are paying by student loans please let our office know.
- Ensure that you have medical coverage.
Students Applying from Outside of Canada
For full details on the international student application process visit this page.
Tuition and Refund Policy
Focus College is designated by the Private Training Institution Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education of BC. The refund policy is in accordance with the PTIB (see below).
To be considered for a refund, students must submit written notice of withdrawal to Focus College either by email, mail or fax. If the notice is hand delivered it requires that the College stamps the notice and provides a copy to the student for their records. Non-attendance does not constitute notice of withdrawal.
To read the refund policy click here.
Is Training for a Career in Business, IT, or Travel and Tourism Right for You?
Get More Information…
If you’re interested in learning more about Focus College’s training programs and a career in Business, IT, or Travel and Tourism and exploring whether online distance education is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful Focus College Admissions Representative will be happy to answer any questions and can help with everything from career paths to financial aid.