Focus College is working diligently to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Please note the following COVID-19 update for September 8, 2021.
Proof of Vaccination: The British Columbia (BC) Vaccine Card
The new BC Vaccine Card was launched on September 7, 2021 and will allow vaccinated people to show their proof of vaccination at higher-risk social and recreational events, and settings when new COVID-19 vaccine requirement rules take effect on September 13, 2021.
- Students living in on-campus student housing at B.C.’s post-secondary institutions will require:
- Partial vaccination (one dose) by September 7, 2021; and,
- Full vaccination (two doses) by October 24, 2021.
- Proof of vaccination is not required to attend in-person classes, seminars, or tutorials, or to access on-campus cafeterias.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
Verifying BC Proof of Vaccination
- Starting September 13, 2021, some on-campus events, services and businesses will be required to check a person’s proof of vaccination for access to their venue or space.
- Information on how to verify proof of vaccination, including how to download the verifier app for the BC Vaccine Card, is available online.
- COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines are hosted on government’s public website.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
- If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.
- WorksafeBC guidance is available on communicable disease prevention plans.